Saturday, March 19, 2011

Deco Layers

I just spent the morning looking up tutorials and working to make my grass look good in UDK. I still have a bit of cleaning up to do but I'm loving the results so far! I have to tweak the grass so that it's in smaller clumps and easier to control. Earlier in the day it had really harsh shadows but I found a way to remove that by adding an emmisive texture. I also learned how to give a static mesh a texture by default instead of having to add it in the viewport.
I had wanted to get a better start on the church itself but got caught up in doing other work. I just started the grass last night and kept going. There are still a lot of things to change and improve upon but I believe this is a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment